Monday, April 9, 2012

Stop-Motion Character Animation

The Mighty Duck and LEGO Technic Show


My brother, Glenn Pham, and I picked out two toys that have many torques as possible that can pose. One is a toy of Check "Grin" Hardwing from Disney's Mighty Ducks. The other is a LEGO Technic figurine of an ice skater possibly a snow native tribe character from the Bionicle series.

I had to deal with some roto scoping for Grin's walking since it was difficult to balance him in some movements since his legs are unsymmetrical. I am not great at roto scoping so it could be obvious to figure out which frames I edited. My brother works on the ideas and snapping shots for the characters movement. I work on moving the characters to pose the gestures following my brother's ideas. Afterwards, I compiled all the images in Adobe Photoshop and compiled them into clips in Adobe Premiere to make the music video.

1 comment:

  1. I loved it of course! It's a pity that your characters had limited range of motion, which constrained the set of poses that were available. But you did very well working within those constraints.
    Mechanics: 12 of 12 points
    Creativity: 8 of 8 points
    Total: 20 of 20 points

    ReplyDelete